Ways to Boost Your Confidence
- Do something. The worst part about telecommuting or working from home is that it is far too easy to lose momentum. Get out of the house. Most importantly, do some prospecting. Do a few walk-ins to local businesses. Pick up the phone and make 4 or 5 calls to previous clients with whom you have lost touch. Send the email campaign that you have been procrastinating on for weeks.
- Do the unpleasant stuff first. If you tend to procrastinate on tasks that you don’t like, just do them first and get it over with.
- Grab a quick coffee with a colleague. I’m not talking about time wasting idle chit-chat or rehashing the big game last weekend. Meet with a purpose. Take 3 conversation starters with you. Confide. Be vulnerable. “What 2 or 3 things do you do to get new clients?” “What was your longest dry spell?” “How did you overcome the difficult times?” You may find out that you are not alone.
- Get to bed early. Sometimes fatigue can lead to all sorts of performance issues.
- I know this last one is tired, but I mention it because it bears repeating — exercise. Your endorphins kick in after about 20 minutes and everything starts looking up.