If you have been building your list for any amount of time, you are bound to need to go through a clean-up where you sort, organize, and cull your contacts.
In this episode I show you the behind-the-scenes work I recently did on my clean up effort on my list.
Click the green bar below to start listening.
In this episode you will hear:
- The challenges I faced with managing my email list and contact database.
- A step-by-step explanation on what I did to fix it.
- The benefits I’m now experiencing as a result of this work
My List Clean Up Campaign
In the screen captures below you will see that I use the term “hygiene” in place of the words “clean up”. These images come from my email marketing system, Infusionsoft, but you can use the same strategy in practically any email platform.
- The campaign starts when I apply a tag (think of this as a sticker) to a person’s file in my database.
- The contact then moves into the hygiene sequence that starts with the first email being sent.
- If a person who is reading my “Stay on my List” email clicks on a link, then I remove them from the Hygiene sequence so that they do not receive any more email reminders.
- I then tag the contact to start my new indoctrination sequence so that he/she can get reacquainted with what I do.
Inside the Hygiene Sequence
Once you click into the Hygiene Sequence you see the meat of the clean up effort.
- I send the first message where I remind people where we met and I ask them if they want to stay with me.
- I wait up to 2 days to give people time to read and respond.
- I send the second reminder email.
- I wait another 2 days to give people time to respond.
- If a person has lasted in the sequence this long, they have not clicked to stay with me and probably are not interested. The person gets tagged as a Dead contact.
- I remove the In Need of Hygiene tag that started the clean up sequence.
Text for the “Want to Stay 1” email. Feel free to copy/paste.
We met sometime in the past 2 years.
Maybe it was at…
- One of the workshops that I run for the community colleges in NC.
- At a networking event or MeetUp in and around Charlotte.
- At a Rotary meeting where I spoke.
- At a Craft Content Nashville where I spoke.
- At the Entrepreneur Summit where I delivered a keynote.
- Through the launch of Yellow Pad Sales Machine.
Either way, I’m just writing to reconnect and ask if you still want to stay connected?
I write marketing tips so authors, experts, and public speakers can…
- Book more speaking engagements
- Sell more products
I write a LOT on how people can leverage email marketing to make more money.
If you’d like to stay connected, all you have to do is click here or click the button.
(I put a button here so that people could click here)
You don’t need to do anything to unsubscribe.
You will automatically fall off my list at the end of the next 3 days unless you click on the link above to tell me that you want to stay.
If you have to go, I fully understand.
Again, you don’t need to do anything to unsubscribe.
If you choose to stay, I thank you profusely.
I look forward to sending more and more great targeted content to you over the next few weeks and months.
Listen to the Audio
Click the green bar to listen now