Your First Step to a Bigger Future
This exercise is designed to get you thinking about where you are and where you want to be in your life.
Let’s get started right away.
Take a few moments to write down in as much detail as possible where you are in your work life.
- What job do you hold?
- Who do you work with?
- What responsibilities do you have?
- How do you feel about your job?
- If you were to be layed off tomorrow, how would you feel deep down?
The first set of questions is designed to get us to simply open our eyes. We must first take a hard and objective look at where we are. Where things are good, we have to admit them and celebrate them. Where things are not so good. We have to admit that.
This isn’t to say that we have to fix all the bad things about our situation because some of them just are not fixable.
This is simply taking stock of our situation.
Where Do You Want to Be?
Likewise, let’s do the same exercise on the other end of the spectrum.
Where would you like to be with respect to your work life?
- What job would you hold?
- Who would you work with?
- Who would you like to be serving?
- What kind(s) of work would you rather be doing?
- Is your work related to a cause (i.e., clean drinking water for the under privileged)? If so, what draws you to this cause?
- If you have a clear picture of work you would like to do, what are your next most logical steps?
- If you need to get more clarity, what could you do to get a deeper understanding?
The second set of questions is designed to get us thinking in terms of possibilities, to paint our respective worlds anew with a magic brush. Given what we know about ourselves, where would we go from here?
Most of the time there is a huge difference between where we are and where we want to be. This is completely normal. You can begin taking steps toward a better future today. Want to learn more?
[optin_box style=”2″ alignment=”center” email_field=”inf_field_Email” email_default=”Your best email address” email_order=”1″ integration_type=”infusionsoft” double_optin=”Y” list=”95″ name_field=”inf_field_FirstName” name_default=”Your first name” name_order=”0″ action_page=”https://ab158.infusionsoft.com/app/form/process/efd5dfba7ad105a0afaa0f4d4dc01dd4″][optin_box_hidden][/optin_box_hidden][optin_box_field name=”headline”]Get Closer to Your Calling[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”paragraph”]PHA+RlJFRSB3ZWVrbHkgbGVhcm5pbmcgbW9kdWxlcyBkZWxpdmVyZWQgdG8geW91IHN0YXJ0aW5nIHdlZWsgb2YgRmViIDIxLjwvcD4K[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”privacy”]We value your privacy and would never spam you[/optin_box_field][optin_box_field name=”top_color”]undefined[/optin_box_field][optin_box_button type=”0″ button_below=”Y”]Sign Me Up![/optin_box_button] [/optin_box]
Does God Play a Role?
There is a third set of questions that I will introduce here to get you thinking about what role, if any, that God plays in your work-related pursuits.
Do you feel God’s calling or wanting to speak with you regarding the current path you are on?
- Do you have a sense that the place you are in is requiring you to be someone that you weren’t really made to be?
- Do you feel there is something else, some other path that God may be calling you to pursue?
- Is the concept of hearing from God outside of your norm, or have you embraced this notion before?
How to Get a Plan
When I was first struggling between where I was and where I wanted to be, I had no idea what steps to take next.
It took me a lot of trial and error, but I finally found my way.
[button_6 text=”style5_continue.png” align=”center” href=”http://jasonrowens.com/renewable-confidence-interest-page”/]